Sunday 11 January 2009

Daisy moooves to pastures new


I have had a wonderful time in North Devon this past week, meeting celebrities, local characters, visiting beautiful places and taking part in exciting activities. It's now time for me to leave this part of Devon to explore the rest of the county. I have so much more to discover, I’ve only just started my journey, i can't wait for what lies ahead!! The North Devon MP Nick Harvey and Andy Bell, the Co-ordinator for the Biosphere Reserve in North Devon wanted to meet me and wish me well as i moooove on to pastures new. I chatted with them both to find out what they love about our Green area. I learnt that North Devon is one of the finest unspoilt locations in the UK and is now home to Britain's first new style world class UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, where conservation and sustainable development go hand in hand. The Biosphere Reserve covers the entire northern half of Devon!!! Andy tells me that Biosphere Reserves aim to discover how people can enjoy a high quality of life based upon a superb natural environment. Local people and visitors can enjoy the special environment in a variety of ways, we can go rambling, cycling, surfing, climbing, para-gliding, wild-life watching, take visits to museums, or join volunteer groups that work for the country-side. We can contribute to protecting the environment in a variety of ways see www.visitdevon.co.uk/naturally-devon/home for more info. Many thanks to Andy, Nick, Adam and Pete for their time. Watch this space for more Devonshire antics coming soon...

www.visitdevon.co.uk

www.chicks.org.uk


Watch North Devon wishes Daisy well as she moooves on in Faith Videos and Travel Videos  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment