Saturday 28 February 2009

The weekend run on Braunton Burrows


Run on the Braunton Burrows

Braunton Burrows is the perfect place to go for a run as it's soft under foot, with inspiring views to entertain along the way, plus you can go for a short or very, very long run as it extends for miles.  We normally do a 4 mile route, and being a middle distance runner i don't really go further than 6 miles, but today we ran 7 to get rid of the cobwebs.  Normally my Dad, friend Mike and I run together but Mike was doing a cycle route on road today due to injury.  My Dad, Ray (52), is one of the top Veteran Decathletes in the world, and at the tender age of 70 Mike is in the top 3 in Britain at the 800 metres.  They can both beat me hands down but when i've got back into my training properly i hope to give them a run for their money!   I'm just beginning a regular training routine after time out in preparation for a few events.

1 comment:

  1. You've been out over my favourite run course :-). I did 10mile over there from Velator yesterday and took a bundle of pics which you can find here if you're interested. http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/iainandshell/Burrows%20Run%20April%2009/

    Iain

    ReplyDelete